Re: debian

On Thursday 19 November 2009, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > The
> > password and user account that were created during the install are no
> > longer usable.  I formatted the drive before hand and it was a clean
> > install so there should have been no residual install that it could
> > have booted too.  Just in case I did try any password I could have
> > possibly used and was not able to log in.  also I verified this all by
> > re-running the installer 3 times and had the exact same problem.
>
> Are you sure the keyboard setup went correctly? This is something that's
> been in a bit of flux not that long ago, so it might be that something
> broke there.

This issue has been fixed in the last couple of days. Installation images
built now should configure the installed system to use the correct
keyboard layout.

For your other issue we need the syslog of the installation to be able to
diagnose the problem.

Cheers,
FJP

(Please do not CC me personally on replies. I'll see any reply sent to the
debian-boot list.)