Re: Spellchecking priorities [Was: Re: Override changes standard -> optional]

(CC Joey to draw attention on this thread)

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):

> Can you do that? I thought standard was exclusively a dynamic task that is
> based on package priority alone.

Yes, I can do it (a bug report might help being sure to not forget in
case we don't converge very soon about what to do...)....maybe after
we settle together on the various following bits.

I always have hard times being 100% sure about what tasks files
exactly imply but "standard" is the following:

Task: standard
Section: user
 This task sets up a basic user environment, providing a reasonably
 small selection of services and tools usable on the command line.
Packages: standard
Test-new-install: mark skip

I assume that adding:

Packages-list:
 iamerican

...would be enough to have standard install that package (if available
on the media) along with the task.

> It depends a bit on what you want, but it seems to me this calls for an
> en_US task. Unless there's a strong desire to have the US dictionaries
> installed for *all* languages for some reason.

The only drawback of this would be that we would then maybe need an
"australian" task, then a "south-african", etc.

There is "some" overall agreement that the US way to write English is
the common ground (at least, this is what's adopted on the web site
and how we review packages descriptions) so it would make sense, for
consistency, to install an american dictionary by default.

Also, that would avoid regressions, of course....which I would in some
way define as a strong desire to have the US dictionaries installed
for all languages, yes.