Re: Spellchecking priorities [Was: Re: Override changes standard -> optional]

On Tuesday 25 August 2009, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):
> > On Tuesday 25 August 2009, Agustin Martin wrote:
> > > I am about to ask dictionaries-common priority be changed to
> > > optional in the override file. Also, ispell maintainer has also
> > > uploaded ispell, iamerican and ibritish with optional priority (not
> > > yet changed in the override file).
> > >
> > > Are those changes OK in the override file at this time from the
> > > debian-installer point of view?
> >
> > Yes, it seems to me that this is the correct time to do this.
> >
> > Could you please file an important BR against tasksel with the
> > request to update language tasks if/as needed for the change in
> > priority? That way the tasksel maintainers will have a reminder to
> > look into it.
>
> After looking at current tasks, my understanding of this is that
> iamerican and wamerican should be added to "standard".

Can you do that? I thought standard was exclusively a dynamic task that is
based on package priority alone.

It depends a bit on what you want, but it seems to me this calls for an
en_US task. Unless there's a strong desire to have the US dictionaries
installed for *all* languages for some reason.

BTW, Agustin: I assume that _w_american remains prio standard? IIRC quite
a lot of DDs expressed in past discussions that that should remain
available by default for various purposes.

Cheers,
FJP