Re: UUID in fstab for device mapper devices?

Hi all,

Attempt to summarize the discussion so far (please correct):

 1) We should use /dev/mapper/ paths rather than UUID in the fstab
    entries for all device mapper devices.

 2) For some type of device mapper devices (multipath), using the
    /dev/disk/by-id/ symlinks would be better than /dev/mapper/.

If there is rough concensus about this, I would go ahead and make
the change to use /dev/mapper in partman-target.

I would like to do so soon, because the current use of UUIDs breaks
rootLV-on-cryptoPV ("Encrypted LVM") installs in d-i.

The /dev/disk/by-id/ improvement for specific types can then be
considered and worked on separately.

Sounds good? Objections?

	Max