Re: should popcon be enabled by default?

Otavio wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Frans Pop<elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
>> The question is always displayed, so it's simply up to the user whether he
>> wants to participate or not.
>
>This is the reason I think we could leave 'Yes' as the default answer.
>It will still give the choice for the user and:
>
> - It will allow us to have a better view of users are using
> - We will be able to have it deplyed in more machines
>
>I understand why it has been set to 'No' but maybe we ought to rethink it.
>
>I see pro and cons for both ways; I'd be interested to hear the
>opinion of more people about it.

Umm, I could have sworn that we'd had discussions about this several
times in the past and the favoured solution was to make the question
a 3-way:

 * popcon no
 * send a one-shot message *now* (default)
 * popcon yes

But for the life of me I can't find a reference in the archives. It
might have been IRL, I guess. Does anybody else remember this?

We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.