Re: First tests with console-setup replacing kbd-config

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 06:50:24PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> Fixing this might require to add a "chmod a+x" after the dh_install
> command in debian/rules.

Thanks to you and Samuel Thibauld for discovering the problems and
finding proper fixes.  I commited them.

> However, as this file is now directly executed, I wonder whether it
> should be installed in /usr/bin instead of /usr/share/console-setup-mini.

Maybe not - /usr/bin is for executables the operator invokes directly.
Partman also has many executable scripts that are not in any bin
directory.

> The bash shebang is apparently useless as (at least according to
> checkbashisms), there is nothing bash-specific in this script. So, I
> think that debian/config.proto could maybe be modified to use a
> /bin/sh shebang.

Emacs put this /bin/bash automatically when I created the file for first
time and I overlooked it...

> > After fixing both problem, everything works as expected and I get a
> > nice French keymap....yay !
>
> And everything is working as expected on the installed system as well.

Good to here this.

Should I make small console-setup-mini-udeb without translations?

Anton Zinoviev