Re: Request for help - cleaning spam from the debian-boot mailing list archive

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):

> Well, new messages will be nominated all the time, especially if enough
> people respond to this RFH.

As of now, there seem to be 5 people working on the initial step
(identify spam in list archives): fjp philbat bubulle fp dww.

That just enough to bring potential spam mails to the second step
(review) as each must receive 5 nominations.

From my own experience, it's fairly easy to "miss" spams in the lists
of messages, so we really needs a few more people (about 1 or 2, I
think) to go through the archives.

Interestingly, this is a task that one can do by relatively small
bits: it takes me about 15 minutes to go through one month (about 1000
messages)...

> Take a look at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/SpamClean, the
> second table, which has these statistics for d-boot. That shows we now
> have 18297 nominations in total for 4657 different messages. Of these 659
> are "considered" (have received enough nominations to get to the review
> stage), so IIUC that's the number that needs to be reviewed and that
> should probably be the total you see for d-boot when you select the list
> for reviewing.
>
> There have been 591 reviews (although I doubt that number a bit) and the
> end result is that so far 16 messages have been removed from the archive.

I went through all "to be reviewed" mails.

For a post to be removed, it has to be rated as spam by at least THREE
DD (assuming nobody rates it as Ham or Inappropriate).

So we at least need another DD to commit self to do reviews.