Re: Request for help - cleaning spam from the debian-boot mailing list archive

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):

> The removal of spam gets done in three stages:

I started working on this yesterday (apparently a few others have
also, which is good).

I did a little bit of:

> 1) a spam message needs to be reported by multiple people (using the
>    "Report as spam" button displayed at the top of each message)

But also tried to go through:

> 2) this then needs to be reviewed by multiple DDs (using the new tools)

Is there a way, with that step, to know *how many* left messages there
are?

When going to these new tools, recorded "spam" messages are shown in
batches of 10 and clicking on "Send an continue" shows you with
another batch of 10 and so on....in a more or less "random" order.

So, indeed, there is no indication whether we a re "close to the end"
or far away from it, etc...

I have seen this page:
http://lists.debian.org/archive-spam-removals/review/stats.html

But I don't know if some of the numbers here are meaningful wrt this
taks of reviewing reported spam.

Anyway, thanks for the initiative, Frans. I missed the appearance of
these new tools and it seems that they'll be very useful to lean out
our archives.