Re: [RFH] Update of Debian Installer for 2.6.29

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 09:51:56PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello <arch> porters,
>
> Most arches has 2.6.29 packages ready (AFAIK only hppa lacks them
> right now) and I also did most changes for all arches on SVN to get
> 2.6.29 updating as easy as possible. Now, we need porters' help.
>
> Please check your pet arch and update the kernel and modules for
> 2.6.29. This is quite important to us to start testing installer with
> this kernel.
>
> Currently those are the arches that have already switch:
>
>  - i386
>  - amd64
>  - mips*
>  - mipsel*
>  - armel*
>
> I taged the ones that has pending changes in SVN with "*".
>
> So if your arch is not listed above, you should take a look and try to
> update it. If you can't do that in near future please speakup and
> we'll try to find someone to handle it.
>
> Thanks a lot by looking at it.

Otavio, what exactly needs to be done? Are there instructions available
somewhere? I thought that you would just push the new kernels into d-i,
do we just need to check that kernel-wedge config is still valid and
includes all important modules?

I could look at it over the weekend, but I'll need some more guidance :-).

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC