Re: lilo about to be dropped?

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 9:21 PM, William Pitcock
<nenolod@sacredspiral.co.uk> wrote:
> Lilo upstream is dead (no release in quite a while), but the lilo
> maintainer has also been seen as saying in various mailing lists etc,
> that since Debian patches lilo that he has no interest in helping to fix
> problems in our version.

Ok but you could try to push those patches upstream. This is how
grub has been improved and also parted. This works most of time.

This way we "reduce" the amount of patches we keep in Debian
and also you could try to get in touch with other distros to share
the load and avoid reworking at same things.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br