Re: Making commits by l10n-sync no longer "silent"?

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):
> On Tuesday 20 January 2009, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Are there any objections?
>
> IMO it is useless to send them to everybody.
>
> > An intermediate solution would of course be tagging them with a
> > specific marker (this is indeed how the commits are silenced right
> > now, by using "[SILENT_COMMIT]").
>
> And send them only to yourself (and maybe one backup person)?
>
> I also still feel that having daily syncs is way too much and leads to way
> too many commits which have the side effect of obscuring other changes. I
> can see some point in having daily sync runs after a call for translation
> updates when a release is being prepared, but at other times I feel that
> e.g. 3 times per week would be more than enough.

Here are the changes I made during last days:

First of all, l10n-sync is now run only twice a week:
bubulle@alioth:~$ crontab -l|grep l10n-sync
# l10n-sync run on trunk
# Removing the file named $HOME/d-i/run-l10n-sync will stop this in case it becomes crazy
47 22 * * Tue,Fri if [ -f $HOME/d-i/run-l10n-sync ] ; then cd $DI ; svn up >/dev/null 2>&1 ; time nice -n 19 $DI/scripts/l10n/l10n-sync --online --commit $DI ; fi

Additionnally, all commits made with "[l10n]" in the commit mail will no longer be
mailed to debian-installer_cvs@packages.qa.debian.org. They will be
mailed to me (bubulle@debian.org) instead.

The "[SILENT_COMMIT]" marker is still operational.If used in a
commit message, the diff will not be sent by mail.

The l10n-sync script now uses "[l10n]" only.

As a consequence, I'll be the only person receiving commit mails from
l10n-sync. Of course, anybody wanting to receive them may ask me to
add him|her to the list.

This was done by changing /svn/d-i/hooks/post-commit on Alioth:

REPOS="$1"
REV="$2"

PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/subversion/hook-scripts/:/usr/lib/subversion/hook-scripts/mailer/

# daemon doubling is needed to fully background, bug filed..
daemon daemon $REPOS/bin/ciabot_svn.py -- -- "$REPOS" "$REV"

#python $REPOS/bin/mailer.py commit "$REPOS" "$REV"
if svnlook log "$REPOS" --revision "$REV" | grep -q "\[l10n\]"; then
        mailer.py commit "$REPOS" "$REV" $REPOS/conf/mailer-l10n.conf
fi
if ! svnlook log "$REPOS" --revision "$REV" | grep -q "SILENT_COMMIT"; then
        mailer.py commit "$REPOS" "$REV"
fi

# experimantal, disable if it causes problems..
~joeyh/public_git/d-i.git/update

(The change if the "if svnlook ..." chunk)

/svn/d-i/conf/mailer-l10n.conf is identical to mailer.conf, except:

to_addr = bubulle@debian.org