Re: Pre-bug-raising questions

On Monday 19 January 2009, Bastian Blank wrote:
> >                                     The problem I get now is that the
> > kernel the installer installs as part of the setup is the etch-n-half
> > kernel, which doesn't have the required drivers installed.  So I'm
> > stuck at 'waiting for root filesystem...' until I drop to the initrd,
> > and I can't find the module to install.
>
> The daily installers defaults to installing unstable. However there is
> no etch'n'half-kernel in unstable. So you override that decision
> somewhere.

s/unstable/testing/
But the conclusion is correct: daily built images should never install
stable "by default". Either Mike is doing something wrong, or the image
is seriously broken somehow. The selection of stable could possibly also
be the result of network problems.
We should be able to tell from the syslog for the installation.