Re: [RFC] New "installer-settings" component - please test and comment!

On Thursday 15 January 2009, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> Being able to easily (and really), switch from expert mode to standard
> mode is really great for those who just needs expert mode in the firsts
> steps.

Hmmm again. That is not really what happens, especially not if you compare
it to the current situation.

If you have time, could you try it a bit more extensively and maybe
describe a bit how you think expert mode now works with the test images?

The same request for others: I'm really interested to find out if the new
concept feels natural to users who do not have it explained to them
first.

Some hints:
- default installation is basically unchanged; only difference is if you
  back up to the menu
- expert installation really is completely different from current
  situation, please give it a try!
- the option to enable dmraid/multipath support is somewhat separate from
  the change in the expert mode concept

Images available at: http://people.debian.org/~fjp/tmp/d-i/settings/

I will send an explanation of the concept at the end of the weekend.

Cheers,
FJP