Re: Multi-desktop CDs for lenny

Frans Pop wrote:
> There are two images available for testing:
> - lxde CD:
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/fjp/debian-50-i386-lxde-CD.iso
> - light desktop CD:
> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/fjp/debian-50-i386-light-CD.iso

Wow! I am so glad to see this come true. :)

> These need extensive testing! Please also let us know what you think of
> them.

GNOME and KDE desktops both has Network-Manager installed by default. It
would be good if XFCE and LXDE could also have Network-Manager or
something similar installed by default. Cause I felt these lightweight
desktops are mostly for to the netbook users.

> A new idea that Steve suggested was to make the i386 and amd64 DVDs, and
> if possible also the i386/amd64 multi-arch DVD (with or without powerpc
> depending on space), support *all four* desktops. This would be
> implemented a bit differently, namely by leaving the top level menu as it
> is but adding a "Desktop selection" option in the Advanced options menu.

That would be really cool.

Cheers,

-Andrew