Re: [PROPOSAL] Identify tasks in the D-I team and "assign" them

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> After Franklin and Miguel's suggestions, here's the new proposed list.
>
> Please note that I try to keep items short...which explains why I did
> cut down in the proposed changes.
>
> Some things I'm not sure about:
>
> - list "porters" and "run and monitor daily builds" separately
>   Is running the daily builds a porters task?

Not really; desired if possible. In case a build fails he/she is one
of best available people to handle it.

> - I put back "translation coordination" in "Development"
> - Separated "D-I closely related packages" to list
>   di-netboot-assistant, win32-loader, busybox...

Cool.

> Release Management:
> ===================
>
> - Initial answer to installation reports
> - Interface with porters
> - Ack unblock requests from the RM team
> - Organize team meetings
> - Validate new committers
> - Maintain the "wished features" list and the release goals list
> - Define next release and track progress (blockers, builds, regressions, ...)
> - Bits from the d-i team
> - Bug reports tracking on debian-installer
>
> Development:
> ============
>
> - Porting
>  - powerpc
>  - alpha
>  - m68k
>  - mips/mipsel
>  - arm
   - armel
>  - ia64
>  - x86
>  - amd64
   - sparc

> - Package maintenance
> [...]

win32-loader has been being handled by Robert and he has done a great
job on this. I bet he wants to keep it. Robert?

> - Translation coordination
>
> Testing:
> ========
> - Manual non regression tests
> - Automated D-I tests
> - Usability and interface (text and graphical - including art)
> - Run and monitor daily builds:
>  - powerpc
>  - alpha
>  - m68k
>  - mips/mipsel
>  - arm
   - armel
>  - ia64
>  - x86
>  - amd64
   - sparc

> Documentation:
> ==============
>
> - Maintain the errata
> - Maintain DebianInstallerToday
> - Prepare Release announcements
> - Maintain web site
> - Maintain "Debian Installer internals"
> - Maintain wiki pages / review changes.
> - Maintain Installation Guide contents
> - Maintain Installation Guide translations
> - Track Installation Guide builds

This all looks complete by my POV.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R