Re: Multi-desktop CDs for lenny: root device does not exist

On Tuesday 02 December 2008, Holger Wansing wrote:
> You are indeed right.
> I've done a test install with a rc1 netinst cd, and had the same
> problem! Although it worked the first time I tried the rc1
> installation.

Just to make sure...

I hope you have not been selecting this option for driver inclusion for
initramfs-tools during your installation: "targeted: only include drivers
needed for this system" (instead of: "generic: include all available
drivers").

Because if you have, then you've probably been shooting yourself in the
foot. The "targeted" option could well result in the generic drivers not
being included in the initrd.