Re: No automatic detection of virtual disks/network using KVM (virtio-modules)

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 06:43:23PM -0300, André Luís Lopes wrote:
> >    I already read the Installation Manual on [3] and couldn't find any
> > pointers on how to automatically install a given .udeb prior to network
> > and disk detection so the modules provided by this package are usable
> > within d-i without having to resort to manual steps.

If the CD is not on a virtio interface, passing "modules=virtio-modules"
on the command-line should work.

If the CD is on a virtio interface, then, there is no way to load the
udeb from it.

I have started another thread about including virtio-modules on netboot
images, which would solve the issue for another intallation method.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism