Re: etch-n-half netboot problems

Frans,

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:

>> > It needs to load additional installer components, and those are
>> > "lenny".
>>
>> Does that happens when etch-n-half CD (-netinst.iso) is using to
>> install machine?
>
> The etchnhalf netinst contains the needed components (udebs).

That's really strange, since that iso doesn't contain "/dists/lenny".
So, I guess netboot and cdrom targeted d-i initrd images are
completely different.
Is that the case?

I guess the side effect of the way how netboot images are build is
what we saw with recent bug #494532
I suffered the same issue and wasn't able to install new machines over
PXE until package was re-added to the repository, that's why I thought
to stick with .iso based (consistent) image.