Re: [RFC]: Install rescue-initramfs dialog

On Monday 18 August 2008, Per Andersson wrote:
> But maybe it would be a good thing to have
> a dialog asking the user about installing rescue-initramfs
> if encrypted root filesystem is selected.

Why would you want to do that for e.g. normal laptops?

Basic rule for the installer: don't add new dialogs unless they really add
value. In this case I really do not (yet) see why it should be up to D-I
to install rescue-initramfs for other use-cases than embedded systems.

We also do not automatically install any of the 1.000.000 other useful
packages that Debian has to offer.