Re: d-i preseed/late_command and interactive scripts.

On Tuesday 29 July 2008 22:56, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 07:07:12PM +0000, Ryan Braun [ADS] wrote:
> > On Tuesday 29 July 2008 17:52, Ryan Braun [ADS] wrote:
> > > I have a dialog driven configuration script I want to use to configure
> > > several aspects of the install.  The preseed works for the majority of
> > > the install, all the apps get installed,  then it doesn't seem to want
> > > to run the dialog script.
> >
> > I finally got some feedback from the script,  the error I'm getting is
> >
> > Error opening terminal: bterm
>
> You need to use debconf if you want to do user interactions inside
> the debian-installer.  Other means would just be plain hacks.
>
> Have a look at debian-installer scripts and to the debconf-devel(7)
> man page for more details on how to use debconf.

I think for this project,  I'll end up putting together a nice menu system
with isolinux configs,  passing the hostname="whoever" kernel argument.  Then
I'll just have my config script pull the /target/etc/hostname value to figure
out how to setup the workstations.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ryan