Re: d-i preseed/late_command and interactive scripts.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 07:07:12PM +0000, Ryan Braun [ADS] wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 July 2008 17:52, Ryan Braun [ADS] wrote:
> > I have a dialog driven configuration script I want to use to configure
> > several aspects of the install.  The preseed works for the majority of the
> > install, all the apps get installed,  then it doesn't seem to want to run
> > the dialog script.
>
> I finally got some feedback from the script,  the error I'm getting is
>
> Error opening terminal: bterm

You need to use debconf if you want to do user interactions inside
the debian-installer.  Other means would just be plain hacks.

Have a look at debian-installer scripts and to the debconf-devel(7)
man page for more details on how to use debconf.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism