Re: Failed: setting mountpoints on LVM with no repartition

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 02:30:04AM +0100, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
> At partitioning, I got stuck. Everything, including LVM for most Linux
> (only /boot will be off LVM), is already partitioned and I don't want to
> change it.
>
> I can tell debian-installer in the first partitioning menu that one partition
> is /boot. But there, the entire LVM partition is shown as one. I
> can "configure LVM", but I still find no way to tell d-i which logical volume
> is / , which is /home and which is swap. It does show these volumes
> in "Display configuration details".

Interesting.  We were discussing the behaviour very recently on this
list: the existing Logical Volumes are only activated the first time you
select the option "Configure LVM".  You should be asked if you want to
activate the already existing volume groups.

If you then return to the partition list, without doing any other
changes, your logical volumes should show up and ready to be configured.

We might change this behaviour to activate Logical Volumes during the
initialization of the partitioning step, instead.

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism