Re: Debian installer and braille

On Friday 09 May 2008, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Samuel Thibault, le Wed 07 May 2008 11:46:04 +0100, a écrit :
> > Frans Pop, le Wed 07 May 2008 12:27:23 +0200, a écrit :
> > >
> > That's the bug I mentioned.  I had never encountered it before, a
> > patch was committed upstream in revision 3714.
>
> And Mario uploaded a new package with the updated revision
> (3.10~r3715-1).

I've tested with the new version and it works now. I have made some
changes to the wiki page (some formatting, some clarifications).
Main change is that you had "text mode", while the actual limitation
is "newt frontend without framebuffer" (text mode could be confused with
the text frontend).

Do braille devices in general not support accented characters or is that
just this brltty window? If it's a general issue, should we further limit
the list of languages or is it something that users are used to and know
how to read around the missing characters?

Cheers,
FJP