Re: Debian installer and braille

Frans Pop, le Wed 07 May 2008 12:27:23 +0200, a écrit :
> On Sunday 04 May 2008, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Aaaah, that's in brltty-x11 actually. See the
> > http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Accessibility
> > page I've just created for other fixups.
>
> With current instructions it still does not work for me.
>
> I do now get the brltty window (after running the documented command with
> sudo).

Odd, you should not need sudo.  We need to find out why you need that.

> But when I start the installer (using a recent netinst), I only
> get a blank screen for qemu (no boot splash screen even; title bar
> says "QEMU [Stopped]") and the brltty window says "no screen".

That's the bug I mentioned.  I had never encountered it before, a
patch was committed upstream in revision 3714.  It is somehow a race
condition, just retrying several time may work.  Unfortunately, there
was another but (fixed in upstream 3713) which makes brltty refuse the
9th connection and further, so you'll have to restart brltty.

It's always when you make other people test your software that you find
bugs ;)

> Are you using a custom mini.iso or a daily built one or what?

A daily built.

Thanks for your patience,
Samuel