Re: Skip kbd-chooser when running under Xen

Guido Günther <agx@sigxcpu.org> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 10:47:50AM +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>
>> When running the installer in a Xen paravirtualised environment,
>> kbd-chooser errors out after selecting a keymap:
>
> I vaguely remember that we passed 'console=ttyS0' to the kernel so d-i
> would end up doing the right thing. Could you try that - would probably
> be easier than skipping kbd detection?

Hi Guido,

I did several serial installs already and kbd detection really isn't a
problem there.  It's easy to work around anyway (one can even preseed
it in the Lenny installer), I've just raised the issue so that we can
eliminate a superfluous workaround.  Running kbd-chooser in a virtual
machine just doesn't make sense after all.  At least I think so...
But maybe newer Xens solve this issue anyway.
--
Thanks,
Feri.