Re: Skip kbd-chooser when running under Xen

Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> writes:

> On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 13:00 +0200, Ferenc Wagner wrote:
>> Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> writes:

>>> I don't see this with latest installer with a pv_ops 2.6.25 kernel (from
>>> pkg-kernel). Which kernel are you using? Since you mention /proc I guess
>>> you are using a 2.6.18 based thing?
>>
>> Yes, exactly.  I'm trying to run vmlinuz-2.6.24-1-xen-686 from Sid,
>> but that just freezes under this Xen 3.0.3 (stock Etch).
>
> Just to clarify -- you are seeing the kbd error with 2.6.18 and you
> tried 2.6.24-1-xen-686 from sid but it didn't work for you at all?

Yes.

> 3.0.3 is a bit long in the tooth I can well imagine there are bugs which
> prevent the pv_ops kernel from working there -- is there any reason not
> to upgrade to 3.1 or 3.2?

I simply don't know how to, without risking too much the stability of
this system, which I suddenly inherited.  I'll probably try the 3.2
hypervisor from Backports shortly.

>>> It might just be my priority level isn't picking up this question --
>>> I'll try later with all questions on.
>>
>> It doesn't matter wheter the question is asked, the error comes from
>> kbd-chooser when it tries to do something.
>
> OK, so it isn't affecting me then for some reason, whether that is down
> to kernel version or not I don't know.

Right, so I'll try a newer version and see it that also gives me this error.
--
Thanks,
Feri.