Re: FYI: current issues

On Thursday 17 April 2008, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> There is a new shared library. Version 1:2.2.10-1 didn't ship a
> shared library.

Thanks for that. It's simple to see that the udeb is currently broken.

$ dpkg -I pciutils-udeb_3.0.0-1_i386.udeb | grep ^Depends:
 Depends: libc6 (>= 2.7-1), libpci3
                            ^^^^^^^
This means that the udeb currently depends on the regular library, which is
not good. As no other packages need libpci, I think our preference is that
the library is packaged in the same udeb as the executable, or that it is
compiled in statically for the udeb.

If the library is included inside the existing udeb, then please make sure
that there is no unneeded dependency or self-dependency.

If there are other udebs that could usefully use a separate libpci, then the
situation would be different.

Please do not upload to unstable until this is fixed and a new version has
been tested.

Cheers,
FJP