Re: [Bug #473260] Consider it to DI ERRATA

Frans Pop wrote:
Renato S. Yamane wrote:
# lspci | grep -i vga
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML
Express Graphics Controller (rev 03)

After xorg instalation (DI Beta1 Lenny) DI and X show a screen with very
huge fonts and window (one word have 1/8 size of monitor).

Is necessary edit /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc inserting parameter -dpi 96 in
ServerArgsLocal argument:

ServerArgsLocal=-dpi 96 -nolisten tcp

I don't think so.
From the bug report it seems this is specific to your _laptop_, not the graphical card in it. IMO this means it is too specific for our errata.

Hi Frans!
I found a lot of user with this problem when come from Etch to Lenny.

And Julien says: "...We may have to add a quirk in the server..." (see #473260 - Message #37).

Maybe errata will need: "IF you have some problem with wrong size screen in your laptop, think follow the tip available in #473260 - Message #42).

If some users can't use X, this users can't report other bugs.

P.S. Pls, keep me in cc.

Regards,
Renato S. Yamane