Re: Custom driver image for etch

Geert Stappers <stappers@stappers.nl> wrote:

> > I need to use a kernel module at install time and thereafter,
> > for a RAID card that isn't supported in the standard kernels.
>
> Please spent effort in a dialog with the manufacturer of the RAID card.
> Explain them that you what to use their product with Linux.

Areca, and they are.  Only the driver in 2.6.18 is older, and doesn't
cater for a few newer models of their cards.

> > So how do I go about creating a custom driver image?
> > Or any other insight on how to load additional modules?
>
> I think that http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Modify may help.

I did look at this before, but it mostly seemed to detail how
to rebuild the install boot images, which seemed quite long
winded, where as I just wanted to generate an additional image.

-Paul-