Re: Removal from Uploaders fields for Debian Installer

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:21:32AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> Hello Wartan,

> There are a number of Debian Installer components that have people listed as
> Uploader who have not actually contributed to that component, or to D-I in
> general, in the recent past and have decided that it would help to clean up
> this situation somewhat.

> The reasoning is that the Uploaders field should (as much as possible)
> reflect the current maintainers of a Debian package, and not its original
> author or past contributors.

> This mail is to check if you have any objection to being removed as uploader
> for any or all of the following components for which you are currently
> listed:
>  	arch/alpha/aboot-installer

> On behalf of the current D-I team I'd like to take this opportunity to thank
> you for your contributions to the project and of course you're always
> welcome to resume work on the installer.

> Please reply to the debian-boot mailing list (reply-to is set). If we do not
> receive a reply within the next two weeks, we'll proceed with the removal.

As the other marked uploader on that package I know that Wartan hasn't
contributed to aboot-installer since I became involved in d-i development,
which has been more than a couple of years now; so I'm going to presume to
remove his name from Uploaders myself.

Wartan, thanks for your work on getting aboot-installer started!  I would be
happy to have you back as a co-uploader if you were ever so inclined, but I
have the impression that you've moved on quite a while ago. :-)

Cheers,