Re: Removal from Uploaders fields for Debian Installer

[Frans Pop]
> Hello Petter,
>
> There are a number of Debian Installer components that have people
> listed as Uploader who have not actually contributed to that
> component, or to D-I in general, in the recent past and have decided
> that it would help to clean up this situation somewhat.

Good to see such effort.  I got too many packages listed on my
qa.debian.org page. :)

> This mail is to check if you have any objection to being removed as uploader
> for any or all of the following components for which you are currently
> listed:
>  	autopartkit

It might be a good idea to drop this one.  Debian Edu used it before
partman became a usable alternative.  For the Etch and Lenny release,
partman will be used by Debian Edu.  I suspect the algorithms in
autopartkit are slightly better than the ones in partman, and it also
support automatically creating multiple LVM volumes and leaving some
LVM space unused, but neither of these features was enough for us in
Debian Edu to spend time maintaining autopartkit properly.

>  	base-installer
>  	hw-detect

I would like to have these on my list still.  I have some planned work
for making the installer automatically install hardware specific
packages depending on the detected hardware, and suspect it should be
done in one of these packages.

>  	cdrom-detect
>  	clock-setup
>  	finish-install
>  	installation-locale
>  	installation-report
>  	localechooser

I am happy to see these go from my list of packages to track. :)

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen