Re: [noreply@henning.makholm.net: e2fsprogs 1.40.8-2 MIGRATED to testing]

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:10:33AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> We synchronize the udeb binaries of testing with unstable. When the
> packages goes to testing the udeb doesn't go automaticaly and it need
> to be done by a ftpmaster (Jeroen is who usually does it for us).
>
> If you update the unstable package it cannot be done that way anymore
> and sometimes is even impossible to us to sync until the next version
> is ready to go to testing. That's why we ask for people to wait.

Is this is a fair summary of the situation?

* Once a new version goes to testing, I should ping you guys to make
	sure you know to synchronize the udebs

* I should avoid uploading a new version to unstable during the time
	window between when a new version gets migrated to testing,
	and when you tell me that you have grabbed the udebs and
	synchronized them.

And this is because at the moment, although the .deb files are
migrated automatically, the .udeb files aren't, and so if I upload a
new unstable version, the .udeb files for the version that was just
migrated to testing will get lost forever.  (I assume that there's
some reason that modifying the script which performs the migration
from unstable to testing is more complicated than it first appears,
which is why this step is being done manually.)

Do I have this right?

Thanks, regards,

							- Ted