Re: [noreply@henning.makholm.net: e2fsprogs 1.40.8-2 MIGRATED to testing]

Theodore Tso <tytso@MIT.EDU> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:31:50PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> Hi Ted,
>>
>> > I wasn't the one who requested that e2fsprogs 1.40.8-2 get migrated
>> > from unstable to testing.  So hopefully you guys were expecting it; I
>> > believe you had requested that I coordinate with you before new
>> > versions of e2fsprogs hit testing, so there wouldn't be as many issues
>> > with the debian installer?
>>
>> Yes, we were expecting it but now we need to get it synced (udebs) on it
>> too. Please wait until I or Jeroen reply to this saying it's safe to upload.
>
> Remind me again what the constrints are?  Is it a problem before
> e2fsprogs gets uploaded to unstable, or when it goes from unstable to
> testing?   Which distribution do you synchronize against?

We synchronize the udeb binaries of testing with unstable. When the
packages goes to testing the udeb doesn't go automaticaly and it need
to be done by a ftpmaster (Jeroen is who usually does it for us).

If you update the unstable package it cannot be done that way anymore
and sometimes is even impossible to us to sync until the next version
is ready to go to testing. That's why we ask for people to wait.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116