Re: Lenny beta 1 fails with Invalid release signature

On 23-Mar-08, 16:36 (CDT), Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> On Sunday 23 March 2008, Steve Greenland wrote:
> > Pretty much what the subject says. Using mirror ftp.us.debian.org,
> > release testing.
>
> You're not giving us any information here.
>
> Exactly what installation method and image where you using?
> What architecture are we talking about?

Image was "amd64 BC Binary-1 2008031610:38" (as shown when the installer
loads the CD).

> At exactly what stage of the installation did this happen?

It was either immediately after selecting "testing" during the mirror
selection, or at the very beginning of "install base system". The key
that used was the same ID as what worked when I choice "stable" instead
of "testing".

> > Also tried a different mirror, same result.
>
> What mirrors did you try? Note that some are round-robbin aliases for
> others, so you may not actually have used a different mirror.

They were ftp.us.debian.org (which, I know, is many machineis) and also
debian.crosslink.net.

> Please try again today before replying as it's still most likely a transient
> problem.

Yep it was. Or, at least, I got a different server for
ftp.us.debian.org; I suspect this was the case, as it was significantly
slower during the download of the base system.

> Even better: if you still have the problem, please file a full installation
> report [1] so that we do get all the info we need.

Well, I don't have that problem today, and I ended up starting with
"stable" on Saturday, but I did have other issues, and a installion
report is on the way.

Steve
--
Steve Greenland