Re: Call for Debian Installer testing, before D-I Beta1 release

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 09:54:22AM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> <...>
> > And this is my installation report. I didn't see any other guidance
> > on where/how to submit the installation reports.
>
> Please, go in your installed system and use the installation-report
> script to send us a full installation report, that way we can get more
> information about how things went there.

I'm not near the system for the next couple of days but will do that
when I get back - thanks for pointing that out.

> I've checked base-installer code and it has code to handle hppa smp
> machines. Probably 2.6.22 had a problem to enable your second
> processor and then this might be fixed once we go to 2.6.24.

Well, historically, hppa has had problems with SMP kernels. AFAIK, the worst
of those have been fixed and SMP seems (in general) stable.

> Filling a full installation report will allow us to check if this code
> has issues or if it wasn't properly detected.

ok - will do. Expect that within a week.

thanks,
grant