Re: [RFC] laptop-detect being installed just on useful architectures

Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> writes:

> * Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> [2008-02-08 22:03]:
>> > No. However, I have seen someone with a mips laptop. IIRC they got a
>> > week's battery life running Debian. There are also plenty of things in
>> > the laptop to pda spectrum using arm. mips, mipsel, arm, armel, armeb
>> > should all be included I think.
>>
>> I have absolutely no problem with that if it's useful and wanted.
>>
>> tbm: anything to add here?
>
> There are mipsel laptops and ARM PDAs, but none of them are supported
> by d-i, so I'm not sure it makes sense to add these architectures just
> yet.

In this case, I'll commit d-i changes, tasksel changes and debian-cd
changes.

It'll be enabled for powerpc, i386 and amd64 by now. If we feel like
to add it to any other arch, we do it after that.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116