Re: [RFC] Stripping Latin range in fonts used by g-i installer?

On Wednesday 09 January 2008, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> Why not do an automatic strip of the font and only *keep* the
> codepoints that are used, based on the existing translations? I know
> this could be too drastic and we run into the risk of loosing glyphs
> if we are not doing this properly, but with Davide's graphic
> comparison scripts we could detect such situations.

This would then have to be a strip at D-I build time instead of font udeb
build time, otherwise you'd have serious synchronization problems.
I'm not sure that we want to complicate the D-I build process that much.

Also, this is a completely separate issue from what we were discussing as it
would _still_ result in duplication of latin characters.