[RFC] Stripping Latin range in fonts used by g-i installer?

Quoting Otavio Salvador (otavio@debian.org):

> > The udeb size goes from 220768 bytes to 183090 bytes
>
> Impressive!

Im waiting for some ACK by others to propose the strip patch to the
font maintainer.

I propose ttf-sil-abyssinica as a start, with some attempt to make the
"strip" patch less dependent from the package than it is in
ttf-freefont (many things are hardcoded there). I may need some help
by people more skilled in well-written shell scripting than /me