Re: How to preseed install via pppoe (for A-DSL)?

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 01:23:22PM +0200, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> Frans Pop wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 November 2007, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
> >> Change line 172 from ppp-udeb's postinst (should be
> >> /var/lib/dpkg/info/ppp-udeb.postinst after the ppp-udeb udeb has been
> >> loaded):
> >> 	db_input high netcfg/get_hostname
> >> into
> >> 	db_input high netcfg/get_hostname || [ $? -eq 30 ]
> >
> > I think that should just be:
> > 	db_input high netcfg/get_hostname || true
>
> I've seen quite a few examples with '|| [ $? -eq 30]' throughout the d-i repo,
> so I assume is ok. Also, that going to gulp all error codes and I am not sure we
> want to do that ;-) .

I wouldn't "correct" [ $? -eq 30 ], but in practice just ignoring
everything is not a particular problem in the case of INPUT. You can get
exit code 10 if you screwed up and used a non-existent question name,
but if the question is in the same udeb then you can be pretty sure that
won't happen.