Re: How to preseed install via pppoe (for A-DSL)?

This one time, at band camp, Frans Pop said:
> > > Note also that for normal netcfg, D-I basically works the same way when
> > > dhcp is used: if the domain name is entered manually, it is ignored.
> > > See for example #328646.
> >
> > But isn't this considered to be a bug?
>
> I'm not sure as I'm not enough of a networking expert. It probably does not
> really make sense to fix it in d-i as long as dhcp-client remains as it is.

The problem is that there are two right answers to what to do about a
client domain name setting in a dhcp environment - honor it and ignore
it are both valid, but depend on your particular environment.  It is
vastly more common for the correct answer to be 'ignore it', however,
and I think that in the general case, the right thing is done here.