Re: who setup the "sudo way"

On Monday 01 January 2007 13:49, julien.cerqueira wrote:
> That's an interesting documentation, but it explains nothing
> about sudo. I just want to know which program ask the user
> about sudo configuration during the installation process. I'm
> not sure that's debootstrap, and if that's it, I didn't find
> anything about that in /usr/lib/debootstrap/scripts/etch. I
> tried some dpkg-reconfigure on sudo and passwd without success.

Ah, your original question was a bit confusing. You said "you want to
debootstrap the sudo way" some servers. I actually don't really
understand what you mean by that, but understood you did not want to use
Debian Installer, but do a plain chroot install using debootstrap.

In Debian Installer the component that asks if "a root account should be
configured or sudo should be used" is user-setup.

This _should_ be documented in 6.3.3.3 (from a user's perspective):
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch06s03.html#di-system-setup
But I now see that that has not yet been done.

However, if you just want to know about sudo, you should read the sudo
manpage. The command 'visudo' should be used to edit the /etc/sudoers
file that determines who is allowed to do what using sudo.

Hope that helps. If you really only want to know more about sudo, you
should ask on a user mailing list, not here.

Cheers,
FJP