Re: How to preseed install via pppoe (for A-DSL)?

Josef Wolf wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 02:01:31AM +0200, Eddy Petrișor wrote:
>> Josef Wolf wrote:
>>> On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 02:41:11PM +0200, Eddy Petrișor wrote:

>> Did you try a regular image without any preseeding? Maybe there's
>> something that breaks ppp-udeb (I am just braindumping, I am not
>> thinking of a specific cause).
>
> I tried the original gutsy alternate cd, but it don't start up ppp-udeb at
> all.  I got it running with manually "pppoeconf eth1".  Don't remember the
> details, will need to reinstall to see how I got it running.

As the debian installer guide indicates, you need to pass the right parameters
on boot:
http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/i386/apds05.html.en

Please try a pure debian installer image to avoid possible issues originating in
Ubuntu (although I know Colin doesn't want to diverge too much from the Debian
code base).

>> Becasue of this possible interference with preseeding I asked you to try a
>> vanilla image and see if you can configure PPPoE with such an image.
>
> With the original install cd, ppp-udeb is not started up at all.  It
> immediately goes to configure the network interface via dhcp.

Please read the manual.
http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/i386/apds05.html.en

> Thanks for having so much patience with me :)

Taking into account that I am no longer actively maintaining ppp-udeb I am
myself amazed how patient I've been :-)

--
Regards,
EddyP