Re: How to preseed install via pppoe (for A-DSL)?

Josef Wolf wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am trying to create a customized install cd (based on ubuntu-7.10
> alternate install cd).
>
> Everything works as desired so far.  Just one problem remains:  On the
> installed box, d-i needs to run "pppoeconfig eth1" before it configures
> apt-sources.  Without this, apt configuration fails because no
> repositories are available.

If you need to use pppoe, then you need to load the ppp-udeb module in d-i.
But, as far as I know currently the script is broken due to the fact that
ppp-udeb uses ifconfig which was recently removed in favour of ip.

Still, the patch is available in BTS, but wasn't tested until now.

> I have seen that ppp, pppoe and pppoeconfig packages are already contained
> on the alternate cd.  Thus the only missing thing seems to be to run

Once ppp-udeb has done its job, there's nothing else to do.

> Anybody already done this?  Any hints?

See above.

--
Regards,