Re: Debian Etch Netinstall with a kernel that supports a 9650SE 3-ware Raid Controller

Hello Otavio,

> Debian do not change versions between point releases so is natural to
> have 2.6.18 just with critical issues released together with other
> updated to r1.

I see the point. It is called stable for a reason. However the first
thing I do after installing it is switching the kernel anyway.

>  - use daily installer and set it to install etch instead (expert
>    mode);

Now I see what you meant. I was unaware that this is possible. So I am
perfectly fine with this choice. Thanks for bear with me on this.

        Thomas