Re: rdate udeb

On Saturday 21 July 2007 19:47, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> following Frans request:
> rdate is in NEW and has a udeb added. Accept/Reject?
>
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/~joerg/rdate.html has the details.

As rdate only depends on libc, the dependencies are correct for current
D-I as they are. However, I'd like to check with Anibal that he did use
the correct magic in debian/rules to ensure dependencies stay correct in
the future. I'll send a separate mail to him about it.

I also have some functional questions for the D-I team, especially those
who intend to use it.
- I just tried rdate on i386 and sparc64. On i386 it works fine, but on
  sparc it fails with a "bus error". Does it work on other architectures.
  especially arm?
- How are we going to ensure the time will also be correct on the
  installed system? rdate does not write the time to the hardware clock.
  For arm (at least nslu2), that is probably not an issue as that does
  not save the time anyway, but for other (sub)arches we probably do want
  to do that.

Cheers,
FJP