Re: Notes from the "D-I future" BOF meeting at Debconf

Christian Perrier wrote:
If OK, I can send my rough notes to the list.
I'd find this useful.

<snip/>

pere: make g-i configurable
      improve the user interface

Is there any further detail available on plans about these two points ?

work on issues with input handling

I guess this is #401296 and #394871, which i suspect they are upstream gtk/dfb problems

desêrately new cdebconf plugin

automatic partition support for mor ethan 1 volume, more than 1 disk

partitioner with the GTK frontend
sit down, think about partitioner flows
then try coding
Coling strongly recommends against using gparted after experience in Ubuntu

IIUC, the plans are abandoning the idea of porting to plain C gparted, is this correct ?

cdebconf become the standard debconf

The
GTK frontend is nicely going this way :)

redards

Attilio