Re: Reworking the GTK+ cdebconf frontend

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 11:52:56AM +0200, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> Apropos of the way of performing commits, after the g-i became part of
> official builds i became very prudent about committing huge changes to
> the sourcecode.
>
> If you look into last months d-boot archives, you'll see that i usually
> discuss patches on list before committing, and you'll also see the same
> do all other people working on the g-i: because the d-i is a community
> project, i think posting-before-commiting is the correct way of proceeding.

FWIW, I don't think posting-before-committing is necessary for obvious
cleanups. It appears this one was unexpectedly contentious, but I'm not
sure that Jérémy could have been expected to know that. In general I
think people should be encouraged to clean up hard-to-read code in d-i.