Re: complex partitioning preseeding, Qemu setup

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:00:15 Geert Stappers wrote:
> Op 08-06-2007 om 01:54 schreef Matthew Johnson:
> > On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:49 Geert Stappers wrote:
> > >
> > > What I know from qemu, is that it can handle one single disk image.
> > > Please tell more about your qemu setup. ( I think the 'qemu-img'
> > > and the 'qemu' commands will do )
> >
> > I'm using
> >   qemu -hda hda -hdb hdb -cdrom debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso -boot d -usb -std-vga
> > so raid over two disks.
>
> Okay, Qemu handles the second disk image with -hdb, thanks for telling.
> (p.s.: the Qemu manual page even mentions -hdc and -hdd )

Except -hdc doesn't work with -cdrom (it becomes hdc) and it turns out it
doesn't work at all with -hdd for some other reason.

> How big should the disk images been?
> ( please provide the 'qemu-img' command line )

Oh, I just did:

    dd if=/dev/zero of=hda seek=100 bs=1M count=1

to create a 100Mb sparse file to use. Should I have done something else (that
worked fine, and they are only 23Mb after having partitioned and done part of
the install onto them)

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson