Re: How to get proxy of installation mirror?

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 10:49:03PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 01 June 2007 22:25, Josef Wolf wrote:
> > >
> > > What would be wrong with:
> > > # debconf-get-selections --installer | \

Ough, I've overseen those lines because my mailreader (mutt) colored
them as comments because they begin with special characters.

Sorry!

> > But I can't find a clean way how to retrieve the preseeded values.
> Strange, I thought I had given you one with the example above :-)

Sorry, I've overseen them.  But I'm still not sure whether this is really
a clean way.  I am not really sure whether parsing this would be robust.
For example, in my output, there seem to be tabs, so

  egrep '^choose-mirror-bin[\t ]+mirror/http/proxy' | awk '{print $4}'

would probably be a better idea.  It seems to me that this way is
somewhat error-prone.  After all, debconf-get-selections outputs lots
of unrelated stuff (like comments) and the format of the output is not
documented.

> I would avoid using the owner "d-i", as that is really a pseudo-owner only
> used for preseeded questions.

Ah, good to know!

Thanks for your answers, Frans!