Re: Installation from harddisk and network

On Thursday 31 May 2007 16:04, Soenke Ruempler - NorthClick wrote:
> Now I ran into another problem which maybe has to to with the harddisk
> install. I chose to re-partition the complete harddisk but partman
> complained about the following (on debug console):
>
>  Partman: /dev/scsi/host0/bus1/target0/lun0/part1 is mounted; will not
> make a filesystem here!

Yep, that is correct. The guided partitioning option using the full disk
will delete all contents of the disk. And if you use the hd-media method,
the installer needs to be able to access the CD image on that same disk.

The only guided partitioning method you can use, is the "use available
free space" one, which means that you will first have to free up space by
deleting or resizing partitions.

There is no real solution to this dilemma, other than booting the
installer off some other medium.

Cheers,
FJP